1 Peter 5:8-9
Be *sober, be **vigilant; because your ***adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
❤️❤️❤️ Keep the Lord and His promises and protection close to your heart- HE IS NOT A LIAR!
*SO’BER, a. L. sobrius.
1. Temperate in the use of spiritous liquors; habitually temperate; as a sober man. Live a sober, righteous and godly life.
2. Not intoxicated or overpowered by spiritous liquors; not drunken. The sot may at times be sober.
3. Not mad or insane; not wild, visionary or heated with passion; having the regular exercise of cool dispassionate reason. There was not a sober person to be had; all was tempestuous and blustering. Not sober man would put himself in danger, for the applause of escaping without breaking his neck.
4. Regular; calm; not under the influence of passion; as sober judgment; a man in his sober senses.
5. Serious; solemn; grave; as the sober livery of autumn. What parts gay France from sober Spain? See her sober over a sampler, or gay over a jointed baby.
**VIG’ILANT, a. L. vigilans.
Watchful; circumspect; attentive to discover and avoid danger, or to provide for safety.
***AD’VERSARY, n. See Adverse.